Saturday, September 20, 2008

DCML Explained - Part 4: A Time to Accuse

You accuse me of being abnormally paranoid for not wanting to meet you after only chatting with you once



Slow and steady win the race, right? Being a girl, on the internet, we get our share of unpleasant encounters. That's generally the theme, but typically upon being rejected, the guy just sulks off. Evan (name changed to protect the weirdo) was a bit different. Actually, I really don't remember what his name is so I'm just going to call him Evan. If that's your real name, Evan, sorry.

Evan was a self-proclaimed genius. I had one conversation with him, ever. He claimed to get his graduate degree in online communication and relationships. I didn't know you could get a PhD in such a subject. I think he also claimed he could fly, too. Perhaps he believes it too. A YouTube demonstration should be mandatory.

Evan also had a lovely picture of his beautiful ex-girlfriend as his main picture and alternate picture. He only had two pictures up and they were both of the happy couple. I don't know about you, but when I'm looking for a new guy, I don't post up pictures of me with my ex, especially if they're my only pictures.

In any case, Evan and I start a lovely chat and then he immediately asks to meet me for coffee. Granted, I rather chat or talk on the phone a little bit before jumping to the f2f. I've done it before, and I'm a little less hesitant than I used to be about meeting soon after initial communication, but I wasn't ready to go all out here after 10 minutes of OkCupid chat. In this case it was probably a good thing.

Evan didn't take well to me saying no. He then angrily accused me stating how abnormal I am and how mean I am compared to him. Yes, in comparison to him. He tells me I must really be messed up for being this distrusting, and that I'm very abnormal. He wishes me luck, then signs off.

Then, he deletes his entire OkCupid profile. I'm not joking. He was gone from the internet in 5 minutes.

I'm glad I didn't meet up with him.

No comments: