Saturday, September 20, 2008

DCML Explained - Part 3: The Sweater King

And So There Was The Sweater King...



I'll admit it. Most of the people I talk to who are potential love interests get a nickname. This guy is no different. You can see where the Sweater King got his nickname from. The Sweater King may be the biggest part of the reason why I stopped agreeing to evaluate my interest level in people younger than myself. This guy... was just nuts. A lot of bullet points in the list originated from him:

1. You make jokes about being a pedophile
2. You immediately tell me that you want to convert for me
3. You just broke up with your ex
4. You constantly talk about and/or frequently hangout with your ex/exes

Let's start with #1.
You make jokes about being a pedophile

This seems obvious enough doesn't it? I mean sure, everyone once in awhile makes some inappropriate comment about a first grader, or a sixth grader, or some other form of jail bait. But on a public transportation system, loudly, on a cell phone? This guy was yelling on a full bus of people how he likes to give it to young boys. Joke or not, just weird.

You immediately tell me that you want to convert for me

Very sweet... a nice gesture even. I'd love it if the guy I want to end up with tells me he wants to convert for me. But announcing something like this during the first conversation, repeatedly? I don't even know the guy and he's telling me he'll be a Jew for me. I didn't even ask him to. Very strange.

You just broke up with your ex
You constantly talk about and/or frequently hangout with your ex/exes

These two just go together like peas in a pod. But even alone, they're both not great. His beautiful princess girlfriend who spends $800 on purses that he just broke up with, and was even engaged to at one point was a topic of frequent conversation for him. Granted, he mostly liked to hear himself talk, but seriously. If you just broke up with someone that you saw for a long time and even were engaged to, chances are you're not ready for anything with me.

Also, who really wants to hear about the ex? Or that you still hang out with them a lot? Or that you talk to them all week every week? From what I've experienced, I rather the ex not be around. Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but in general, I try to avoid the situation.

No comments: